Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Our Privacy Philosophy
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Social Sharing Features
- Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
- Internet Technologies Used
- Children’s Privacy
- Links from our Services to Other Websites
- Your Choices
- Third Party Analytics and Services
- Changes to this Policy
- Contact Us
Collection of Information
We collect information when, for example, you use our website or mobile features, book an accommodate through us, register for promotions, events and newsletters we sponsor (together, “Services”) or otherwise provide us information about yourself. The type of information we collect may include:
- Account information such as your name, postal and e-mail address, phone number, social media username(s), and any information you may share about your plans, interests and preferences.
- Transaction information may include account information as well as your booking transaction history.
- Login credentials such as your user name and password and other verification data elements.
Use of Information
The information we collect is generally used to provide you with the Services, personalize them to you and maintain and improve their quality, monitor and analyze your use, and understand your needs so that we can serve you better. Importantly, we use the information we collect to process and complete booking transactions and send you related information, including booking confirmations, invoices, updates, and applicable instructions and notices as well as to provide you customer services. From users who are required to login to gain access to particular website features or Services, we collect and use usernames, passwords and other login credentials to verify user authorization. We may also use your information to contact you about changes and updates to bookings you have made, Service features we may offer and opportunities you may be interested in. If you prefer not to receive communications from us, we make it easy for you to let us know. You can contact us at any time via the process noted in Contact Us below to request an update to or removal of your personal information on file or modification of our use of your information (see Your Choices below).
Sharing of Information
We may share certain personal information you provide us outside of the RA family. For example:
- We will provide booking information to the third-party property owners or managers of the properties where you intend to stay, as well as to trusted third party service provides who help us provide our Services, including payment processing services and other business operations.
- We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage and analyze data such as the source address of a page request, the related IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand our Service usage and enhance performance of our Services. We may also use third parties to host or operate various Service features, deploy emails, analyze data, provide search results and enable links among other things.
- We may also provide access to data that include your information in connection with a contemplated or actual banking, capitalization, insuring, sale or other strategic initiative or transaction affecting title in or ownership of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed with the transaction or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to relevant third parties. In the event of any such transaction, our title in and/or possession of your personal information, among other things, may be transferred or assigned.
- We also may share your information when you specifically ask or authorize us to do so, or when we conclude disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to enforce our agreements and policies, and where circumstances otherwise warrant doing so.
Social Sharing Features
We take industry standard measures to secure, administer and store your personal information to protect against its loss, misuse or alteration while under our control to reduce the risks of loss, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls, and information access authorization controls. That said, data transmission over the Internet is not 100% secure. Although we use industry standard security measures, we do not guarantee against the loss, misuse or alteration of any information during its delivery or under our control. We thus urge you to always take care how you handle and disclose your personal information over the Internet. If you suspect that the security of your personal data has been compromised, please report your concerns to us via the process noted in the Contact Us section below.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
We collect, process and store the personal information you provide us on servers located in the United States of America. In some instances, we may be the processor of your data under applicable national laws, in others we serve as the data controller under such laws. In all instances, you are contracting with RedAwning.com, Inc., 5900 Hollis Street, Suite S, Emeryville, CA 94608. We have appointed a data protection officer who may be contacted via the contact information noted in the Contact Us section below
Internet Technologies Used
We are very sensitive to the issue of children’s privacy. Our Services are neither developed for, nor directed at, children under the age of consent according to applicable national laws. If you believe your child has provided us with personal information, has submitted a booking, or otherwise registered with one of our Services and would like to have this information removed, please contact our data protection officer via the process noted in the Contact Us section below for assistance.
Links from Our Services to Other Websites
Our Services may contain links to third-party owned or operated websites. When you access these external websites, the providers of the websites, which may include property owners and managers, travel agents, service vendors and other unrelated parties, may have access to certain information about you. Please be aware that once you have left our Services, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any websites we do not control directly, and the collection, use and disclosure of information about you by these entities will be subject to the privacy policies of those other websites.
Your Information. You have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you relevant information, how we provide you with Services, such as confirmations and instructions regarding bookings you may have ordered or placed through us, and whether you want to continue as a user of our Services.
- You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format on request
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information
- You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact any then current bookings you may have as well as, more generally, your access to some of our Services
You are responsible for providing truthful and accurate personal information when completing a booking request. Please keep in mind that once you submit a booking request, you may not be able to change or remove the information once it has been processed and delivered to its intended destination.
We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws.
Upon your request, we will close your booking account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your booking activity and in accordance with applicable national laws.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from RA by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting RA customer care at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails that, for example, relate to your account or pending bookings.
Location Information. You also have the ability to turn location-based services, if any, on and off by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device, or by following the standard uninstall process and removing all RA applications, if any, from your mobile device.
Third Party Analytics
5900 Hollis Street, Suite S
Emeryville, CA 94608
Attention: Data Protection Officer